Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review of "Smashing Good Pumpkin" face and body clay by Perfectly Posh (*Updated*)

Hi all! Okay, so I'm new to blogging, and to a lot of beauty supplies. I figured I would start a blog of reviews for other newbies like me, so you can get honest opinions of popular products that are out there.

So, my first review is of the "Smashing Good Pumpkin" face and body clay by Perfectly Posh. This is one of the first Posh products I have tried, and I managed to get free samples from Jamie Darragh (perfectlyposh.com/getposhwithjamie).



Okay, so this product is supposed to help with blemishes, and says to apply to a clean face and leave on for up to 15 minutes. I washed my face before hand with the Complexion Perfection gentle face wash also by Perfectly Posh (I LOVE this one. Smells amazing, and left my skin feeling great). I dried my face and waited a half hour before applying the clay mask. I applied it to my whole face, then attempted to let it sit for 15 minutes, but couldn't leave it on that long.

I am not a fan of the smell of Smashing Good Pumpkin, and my face was starting to feel really warm and it made my eyes water. So, after 10 minutes I rinsed it off. I noticed right away that my face was BRIGHT red. I have never had this problem with any other facial products. I used my toner and moisturizer hoping to calm my face down, but it hasn't helped. It has now been 45 minutes since I rinsed this off and my face still feel really warm and tight, and is still really red. I did take a Benadryl just in case it is an allergic reaction (though I have never been allergic to anything in the past, so don't think that's it).




I am not sure if this product is supposed to make the face red, or how it is supposed to make the face feel, so I haven't given up on it yet. I will post an update later tonight or tomorrow on whether or not I feel or see any differences in my skin. As of right now, I would not buy this product and I am not a fan, but I will give it one more shot later on! Stay tuned for updates!! Thanks for reading!!

**UPDATE**

Okay, so 2 hours after using this mask the redness died down a lot. And before bed (about 8 hours after application of mask) I could see a NOTICEABLE difference in the blemishes on my face. They were a dull pink instead of bright red, and looked really faded, and my skin was so soft and clean feeling. So, although it turned my face really red, I am actually a fan of this mask and will purchase it in the future. I will just use it before bed from now on, lol! 


~*~ RaeAnn ~*~

9 comments:

  1. Made my face extremely hot as well!! It feels smooth,but hoping the redness goes away before the A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Hoping the redness is gone by morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a natural reaction with the that mask. The Allantoin is working in and doing its job. It is a natural chemical compound that moisturizes and soothes irritated skin and stimulates new skin growth, improving its texture. All Anton is also an effective anti inflammatory, and can reduce redness and flaking, and can alleviate psoriasis symptoms. As to why your face looked less irritated after calming down.The Kaolin clay improves the circulation to the skin (this is why the red face) which facilitates healing of the skin.Hope this helps. It's an amazing product and has helped my 15 year old daughter completely clear her acne. If you have any questions, please feel free to get ahold of me. Http://m.facebook.com/Mmelanie76

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here because I was really worried about the warmth and following redness. Glad it's not just me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what things are like when I wake up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I searched for facial redness caused by this mask and I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I look and feel as though I've been sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just used the mask and it looks like I have a sunburn. I'm glad to know this seems to be normal. I just won't use it on a weeknight any more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im 16 years old and have bery fair skin so when I have a pimple, or a breakout in most cases, they are red and stay that way for a long time. This mask has done wonders, and I sometimes use it a spot treatment.
    I feel the burning and everuthing, but it calms down 10 minutes in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t know anything about allantoin but I used Posh’s “Envy This” mask and it made my face ridiculously red and hot. That does not seem normal nor does it seem like a good thing. At the very least, Posh needs to put a warning on the label if this is normal...

    ReplyDelete